Issues with alert emails on new 4.2.4 Installation

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

Issues with alert emails on new 4.2.4 Installation

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good afternoon,

I'm noticing that I'm getting a number of email alerts from my 4.2.4 installation containing either "could not fetch information from server" and "free disk space: invalid drive"

My .cfg files were copied from my 4.0.8 setup and I'm not receiving the corresponding emails for these servers from my 4.0.8 installation (currently running in parallel with 4.2.4 on separate servers).

In the case of the "invalid drive" emails, they're most definitely NOT invalid drives as they DO exist and aren't being reported by 4.0.8. which is also able to"fetch information from server" perfectly well.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should start my investigations?

Cheers

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Issues with alert emails on new 4.2.4 Installation

Post by dwhitfield »

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ucture.pdf should mostly work for Core, depending on your OS, which I seem to remember is RHEL 7.2. Please let us know if you upgraded. I'm not of any email-specific issues with 7.2, but we do know of some bugs in 7.2, so it's good to just keep that in mind.

More to the point, what version of the plugins are you running on each install? Are you using a third-party plugin, or something from the nagios-plugins package?

Those two errors you are getting...are they both from the same checks? What is the check(s)? If you are using NSClient, have you added the 4.2.4's IP address to the allowed hosts?
neworderfac33

Post by neworderfac33 »

Doh! - the name of one of the servers in question wasn't included in the Powershell script that I wrote to update the nsclient.ini files

The other one was, but the NSClient++ service hadn't restarted.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, though.

You can close the thread.

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

No problem. That's what we're here for!