check_esx3-0.5.pl ... undefined symbol error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
frankmaia

check_esx3-0.5.pl ... undefined symbol error

Post by frankmaia »

Moderator Edit: This thread has been split from another - https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=5992
In the future, please create a new thread and link to the old one instead of adding on.

Hi guys please a i need a help, i have the same problem:

package CheckVMwareAPI;
use strict;
use warnings;
use vars qw($PROGNAME $VERSION $output $values $result $defperfargs);
use Monitoring::Plugin::Functions qw(%STATUS_TEXT);
use Monitoring::Plugin;
use File::Basename;
use Net::SSL; <---------------------------------------------------------- if i dont add this its show me the same error server unavailible
$ENV{PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME} = 0; <------------------------------------ i add this but no diference
use HTTP::Date;
use Data::Dumper qw(Dumper);

my $perl_module_instructions="
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________´
with his 2 i added my output:

pType><statsType>rate</statsType></PerfCounterInfo><PerfCounterInfo xsi:type="PerfCounterInfo"><key>196619</key><nameInfo><label>Data transmit rate</label><summary>Average amount of data transmitted per second</summary><key>bytesTx</key></nameInfo><groupInfo><label>Network</label><summary>Network</summary><key>net</key></groupInfo><unitInfo><label>KBps</label><summary>Kilobytes per second</summary><key>kiloBytesPerSecond</key></unitInfo><rollupType>average</rollupType><statsType>rate</statsType></PerfCounterInfo><PerfCounterInfo xsi:type="PerfCounterInfo"><key>196620</key><nameInfo><label>Broadcast receives</label><summary>Number of broadcast packets received during the sampling interval</summary><key>broadcastRx</key></nameInfo><groupInfo><label>Network</label><summary>Network</summary><key>net</key></groupInfo><unitInfo><label>Number</label><summary>Number</summary><key>number</key></unitInfo><rollupType>summation</rollupType><statsType>delta</statsType></PerfCounterInfo><PerfCounterInfo xsi:type="PerfCounterInfo"><key>196621</key><nameInfo><label>Broadcast .......
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If i use only $ENV{PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME} = 0; i had taht output:

./check_vmware_api.pl -H xxxxxx -u root -p xxxxx -l cpu -s usage
CHECK_VMWARE_API.PL CRITICAL - Server version unavailable at 'https://10.251.0.27:443/sdk/vimService.wsdl' at /usr/share/perl/5.20/VMware/VICommon.pm line 545.
rkennedy

Re: check_esx3-0.5.pl ... undefined symbol error

Post by rkennedy »

Have you followed all of the instructions over here for check_vmware_api? https://github.com/op5/check_vmware_api
Former Nagios Employee
tmcdonald

Re: check_esx3-0.5.pl ... undefined symbol error

Post by tmcdonald »

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in a while. Did @rkennedy's post clear things up or has the issue otherwise been resolved?
Former Nagios employee