Windows Mount Point Monitoring using Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
abubakar08281

Windows Mount Point Monitoring using Nagios

Post by abubakar08281 »

Hi All,

I am trying to monitor mount points on windows server using NRPE and successful to some extent.

Success :
Able to get data when trying to monitor mount point which is directly under a directory
eg : G:\xxxxmount\

Failure :
Unable to get data when trying to monitor mount point which is under subdirectory
eg: G:\directory\xxxmount\

Performed steps:
./check_nrpe -H PSSQL28R2DR1 -t 30 -c CheckDriveSize -a F:\directory\xxxmount\ MaxWarn=85% MaxCrit=90%
error : CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Also changed NRPE setting on client configuration to ,
[/settings/NRPE/server]
allow arguments = true
allow nasty characters = true

Need your help to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Abu
rkennedy

Re: Windows Mount Point Monitoring using Nagios

Post by rkennedy »

Can you show us the full input / output for the working command as well? I have not seen it fail when specifying a directory in the past, which is why I ask.

If it's failing due to SSL then that should be across the board. The only exception I could see is if the \'s were being formatted. Does it help if you put this in single quotes?

Lastly, please attach your nsclient.log for us to review.
Former Nagios Employee
abubakar08281

Post by abubakar08281 »

rkennedy wrote:Can you show us the full input / output for the working command as well? I have not seen it fail when specifying a directory in the past, which is why I ask.

If it's failing due to SSL then that should be across the board. The only exception I could see is if the \'s were being formatted. Does it help if you put this in single quotes?

Lastly, please attach your nsclient.log for us to review.

Hi,

This is working input/output

[root@Server libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H QY***** -t 30 -c CheckDriveSize -a G:\sql2k12inst1_data1 MaxWarn=85% MaxCrit=90%
OK All 1 drive(s) are ok|'G:sql2k12inst1_data1 used'=2.19274GB;254.99745;269.9973;0;299.997 'G:sql2k12inst1_data1 used %'=1%;85;90;0;100

Same is not working for mount point under directory

root@Server libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H QY****** -t 30 -c CheckDriveSize -a ‪C:\ClusterStorage\SQLDATA MaxWarn=85% MaxCrit=90%
Filter processing failed: Failed to get size for ‪C:ClusterStorageSQLDATA: 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
: 0 >= convert(0)
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Does the user running the NSClient++ agent have the proper permissions to read / write to that folder to check everything properly?
Former Nagios Employee
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in a while. Did @rkennedy's post clear things up or has the issue otherwise been resolved?
Former Nagios employee
abubakar08281

Post by abubakar08281 »

Hi All,

CheckDriveSize did not help me using check_nrpe. Since it was very critical to monitor these devices, we have pushed some powershell sripts onto the server and executing it using check_nrpe for monitoring these mount points.

check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 30 -c cl_ps1_4 -a sql2k12inst1_data1 80 90

Thanks all for your help.
You may close this thread