Problem with MSSQL

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gruproig

Problem with MSSQL

Post by gruproig »

Hi, i'm new on the land of Nagios Core.
I'm writting here 'cause i need help to configure a MSSQL monitor for monitoring the SQL server state. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!
rkennedy

Re: Problem with MSSQL

Post by rkennedy »

I would look at using a plugin such as this - https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... ql/details - though, there are quite a few more available on the Exchange you might find handy.
Former Nagios Employee
gruproig

Post by gruproig »

Hi again,
I've installed this plugin in my Nagios Core /usr/local/nagios/libexec 's Folder. When I tried to make a check_mssql -H (my_sql_server) -U (my_sql_user) -P (my_sql_pass) to check the connection of my mssql Database and then it returns UNKNOWN: You must specify a database with the .q or -s switch.

When I write the database using the -q or -s parameter, it still say the same.

Thx!
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Please show us the full input and output of the commands you attempted. We'll then be able to try and re-create it on our end.
Former Nagios Employee
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in a while. Did @rkennedy's post clear things up or has the issue otherwise been resolved?
Former Nagios employee