Nagios CCM: Update Configuration

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios CCM: Update Configuration

Postby hornseym » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:33 am

Is there a way to update a Nagios conguration where CCM is installed?

Let me explain more:

I have a development system and a production system, both with Nagios (the XI version) and CCM installed. In the development system I work on updating, extending and fixing issues with the Nagios configuration. On the production system I then run the Nagios system once I'm confident I have the configuration correct.

I've already deployed Nagios to the production environment. I have a new configuration from the development environment; this includes new hosts, new services and updates to current hosts and services. Is a way for me to update the configuration in the production? Will CCM accept a new configuration without me inputing it manually to go through the GUI? Or do I basically have to re-install everything with the new config? Or even do I have to put it in the static configuration directory, bypassing CCM entirely? I did try this with the import and it seemed to duplicate everything instead of update it.

Thanks,
hornseym

Re: Nagios CCM: Update Configuration

Postby tmcdonald » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Just to clarify, is this for Nagios Core with the CCM installed separately, or is it for Nagios XI which includes the CCM by default? There are two different sets of options here, but I am a bit unsure of what exactly you are running.
Want to see me get thrown into a box? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGSlqxIMxQM
tmcdonald
Support Manager

Return to Nagios Core