Upgrade broke my web interface

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Eddie.Brown

Upgrade broke my web interface

Post by Eddie.Brown »

Hello Folks,

I have inherited a Nagios monitoring system from a former colleague that was the Linux expert. I have been able to support this installation by adding servers and services since he has left. However I decided I needed some additional functionality so I upgraded from 4.0.8 to 4.3.0 by following these instructions: http://sites.box293.com/nagios/guides/u ... centos-6-x. Everything from a monitoring perspective seems to be working as I am receiving emails.

However, the web interface is showing the below errors:I have verified a few things like checking the nagios.conf under the /etc/httpd/conf.d path. It looks like the correct information is populated there. I have also restarted the Httpd service and nagios services many times. I am running CentOS release 7.3.1611 (core)I am very new to Linux so please if you're going to make a suggestion, please direct it as you would a child. So new I had to look up how to find my build.
Home Page:
Clicking any of the links on the left:

My Nagios installation path is /usr/local/nagios

Thanks in advanced for your help.
cfreukes

Re: Upgrade broke my web interface

Post by cfreukes »

I experienced the same issue when upgrading to 4.3.0 from 4.2.4.

No process status shown on home screen

Error "The requested URL /nagios/cgibin/extinfo.cgi was not found on this server" when viewing process

Error "The requested URL /nagios/cgibin/status.cgi was not found on this server" when viewing anything else

CentOS Linux 6.8

I reinstalled 4.2.4 and everything is back to normal. I've been running this system for a few years and it has upgraded several times with no issues. Something different about this upgrade?
Eddie.Brown

Post by Eddie.Brown »

So I found another thread with potential fixes to this issue.
I issued the below commands
make install-webconf
then attempted a restart on the Httpd service but it fails to come back up with the following error:
Job for Httpd .service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status httpd.service and Journalctl -xe for details.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

4.3.1 should be out shortly with the fix.
Eddie.Brown

Post by Eddie.Brown »

dwhitfield wrote:4.3.1 should be out shortly with the fix.
Thank this has fixed everything. Appreciate the quick turnaround.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

@cfreukes, you good too?