checkin oralce for a pluggable database

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
medleyb

checkin oralce for a pluggable database

Post by medleyb »

I was using check_oracle_instant for my noncontainer/pliuggable databases (stand Oralce). But check_oracle_instant does not seem to support pluggable databases. Does someone know of something similar that works with pluggable databases? Or has a version of check_oracle_instant that works?
mcapra

Re: checkin oralce for a pluggable database

Post by mcapra »

According to this Oracle article, any solution would need to be using at least Oracle Instant Client v12 or greater:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/datab ... 90945.html

I would think you should be able to use v12 of the instant client with check_oracle_instant. Did you encounter specific issues using v12 of the Oracle Instant Client with this plugin?
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
medleyb

Post by medleyb »

There are two logons. in "sub logon" you have this: open (SQL,"sqlplus -s mismatch/mismatch@//\\(DESCRIPTION=\\(ADDRESS=\\(PROTOCOL=TCP\\)\\(Host=$host\\)\\(Port=$port\\)\\)\\(CONNECT_DATA=\\(SERVICE=$sid\\)\\)\\)</dev/null |") or die;

If I run against a non-pluggable database it works.

If I run against a pluggable database it throws: Unable to connect to ORACLE SOMEPDB, error ORA-12547 !!!
medleyb

Post by medleyb »

As a followon, please note that connecting with SQLPLUS itself does work. It is the open statement throwing that error.
medleyb

Post by medleyb »

further information on the behavior of SQLPlus at the command line

[nagios@NagiosCoreVM libexec]$ sqlplus mismatch/mismatch@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=129.144.31.230)(Port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXX)))

ERROR: ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

[nagios@NagiosCoreVM libexec]$ sqlplus mismatch/mismatch@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=129.144.31.230)(Port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE=XXXXXXXX)))

ERROR: ORA-12504: TNS:listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA

[nagios@NagiosCoreVM libexec]$ sqlplus mismatch/mismatch@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=129.144.31.230)(Port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE=XXXXXXXX.a427173.oraclecloud.internal)))

ERROR: ORA-12504: TNS:listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA

[nagios@NagiosCoreVM libexec]$ sqlplus mismatch/mismatch@XXXXXXXX

ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

Assuming you're definitely using v12 of the instant client (that was never specifically answered), you'd probably have better luck contacting the person who developed this plugin directly (see the header of the plugin). Though this plugin is quite old and doesn't appear to have been updated in several years. Aside from a few odd articles on Google referencing some settings within the Oracle database itself, i'm coming up dry.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
medleyb

Post by medleyb »

Ok, thanks!!!!
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Glad to get you in the right direction. Let us know if there's anything on our end we can assist with or if you'd like to close the thread.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.