SMS Alerts

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mhelm

SMS Alerts

Post by mhelm »

Does anyone know if you can configure SMS Alerts on the web interface of Nagios Core, or does it have to be config'ed on the server?? If so, what and where does it need to be config'ed, and is there any special instructions that need to be taken into consideration when setting it up? I am trying to work with some of our coworkers at a remote site where the server is kept and trying to configure this remotely, so that when a server goes down I can get an Alert on my Cellphone. Thansk in advance for you help! 8-)
aston

Re: SMS Alerts

Post by aston »

you will need to configure this on the server

as an example look within commands.cfg and see how email notifications are configured, this basically runs a command generating an email a similar setup will be required for the SMS.

i made a post several days ago about a solution that sends messages to an iphone but it could be any smart phone using some thing called prowl if you have a look in the forum u will find the post