retention.dat permissions

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
baamf

retention.dat permissions

Post by baamf »

Hello, I'm running Nagios Core 4.1.1 and to assist with some of my homegrown syncing mechanisms I'd like to change the permissions of the retention.dat file. I have changed it to 640 but whenever the file is updated by nagios the permissions go back to the default 600. Is this something that can be easily set somewhere or is it hardcoded? I googled and checked the nagios.cfg and umask but didn't find anything. Is there something obvious that I'm missing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
avandemore

Re: retention.dat permissions

Post by avandemore »

It's set in the function mkstemp(), there are no configurable options for it meaning you'd have to change the code.

A request could be made here to implement some user defined options, but I'm not sure how popular that would be.
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore
Previous Nagios employee
baamf

Post by baamf »

I understand. Thank you for your time.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Did you have any further questions or are we okay to close this thread?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
baamf

Post by baamf »

You can close the thread. Thanks.