Editing windows.cfg to remove server reference

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Dr.Draytek

Editing windows.cfg to remove server reference

Post by Dr.Draytek »

Hello,

I'm new to Nagios so I'm hoping this is a straight forward fix..

I'm editing the windows.cfg file to remove some servers that are no longer being used. Currently the Nagios web console is throwing up errors because the machines have been shutdown. I would rather not have Nagios looking at these servers as it is just throwing up heaps of errors.

I removed the references to these servers from /etc/nagios3/objects/windows.cfg file and rebooted but I am still getting the same reports that Nagios is unable to contact these machine. How can I stop Nagios from trying to reach these machines which are switched off.

All help gratefully received..
avandemore

Re: Editing windows.cfg to remove server reference

Post by avandemore »

The file nagios.cfg will contain references to all the other Nagios Core configuration files. Once the entries have been removed, Nagios Core would need to be restarted to pick up the new changes. Does this answer your question?
Previous Nagios employee
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

check your config files, if the machine was rebooted and your still seeing it then it's being read from somewhere. grep -R 'servicename' /path/to/your/nagios/root is pretty handy in helping figure out where stuff is hiding.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Hi Dr.Draytek,

Did the responses above help resolve your problem? If so, are we good to lock the thread?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Dr.Draytek

Post by Dr.Draytek »

Thanks for your help. The errors did go away eventually. I'm not sure if I was being impatient but probably I think the issue may have been due to my lack of understanding of the error clearing process. Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated.