email notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
agroknow

email notifications

Post by agroknow »

Hi,

i have configured nagios with user groups and send email notification to each user. How can i configure how the message is shown in the emails ? For example i don't want alias to shown in the email and i want each service which has the problem to be shown in the message. Also I have installed check mk for the services but is the email notification is only saying check mk not the original sercive. Like fs, http etc.

Host: example.org
Alias: example.org
Address: x.x.x.x
State: CRITICAL -> OK (RECOVERY)
Command:
Output: OK - Agent version 1.1.12p7, execution time 0.7 sec
Perfdata: execution_time=0.727
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: email notifications

Post by dwhitfield »

In /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg look for notify-service-by-email and notify-host-by-email. You'll want to modify those to meet your needs.

If you don't have that file at that location, what's the output of find / -name commands.cfg? Also, can you post your nagios.nfg?

What version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: email notifications

Post by tgriep »

If you are using Check MK on your system, you may want to look at the Check_MK website at the link below for tips on changing the email notification settings on your server.
http://mathias-kettner.com/cms_notifications.html

When a service email notification is sent, it should show you the service name that had the issue.
Your example is for a Host notification so there is not a service associated to that notification.
When you receive an service notification, does it have the name in it?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!