Error: (No output on stdout) stderr: Can't locate Monitoring

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mrvh

Re: Error: (No output on stdout) stderr: Can't locate Monito

Post by mrvh »

tgriep wrote:Can you upgrade the plugin to version 0.7.1 and see if that fixes the error on your server?
Sometimes the older version of that plugin has issues with VMWare and upgrading the plugin solved the issue.

First, login to the Nagios server as root and make a backup of the existing one by running the following.

Code: Select all

cp /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_esx3 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_esx3.old
Then run the following to install a required Perl Module for the new plugin.

yum install perl-Nagios-Plugin
Then download this updated plugin to your Nagios server and put it in folder the existing plugin is located in.
https://github.com/shinken-monitoring/p ... ck_esx3.pl
Make sure you name the plugin to the same name as the command definition.

check_esx3
After it is downloaded, you will have to change the owner / permissions of the plugin by running the following

chown nagios.nagios /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_esx3
chmod a+x /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_esx3
Wait until the server schedules and runs the check and see if the error is gone in the Nagios GUI.
Hi tgriep,

I have reinstalled the whole and it worked. You have check raid hard plugin on vmware that can share for me, thank.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Could you rephrase your question? Are you asking if we have a raid plugin? The best thing to do is just search exchange.nagios.com. if you have problems with something you find please start a new thread.

If that's not what you are asking, I apologise.
mrvh

Post by mrvh »

dwhitfield wrote:Could you rephrase your question? Are you asking if we have a raid plugin? The best thing to do is just search exchange.nagios.com. if you have problems with something you find please start a new thread.

If that's not what you are asking, I apologise.
Hi dwhitfield,

Thank you all because support for me.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It sounds like this issue has been resolved. Is it okay if we lock this thread? Thanks for choosing the Nagios forums!
mrvh

Post by mrvh »

dwhitfield wrote:It sounds like this issue has been resolved. Is it okay if we lock this thread? Thanks for choosing the Nagios forums!
Hi dwhitfield,

Okeys, you can clock this thread. Thank.