Extending Downtime

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
joe1871

Extending Downtime

Post by joe1871 »

Hi,

I have had a couple of requests from local admins regarding the desire to be able to extend a machine in scheduled downtime. It is not unusual to place a machine in downtime, and then need to add more time to that time span. It is my understanding the only way to do that currently is to cancel the downtime and re-enter. While it sounds trivial, if we have multiple machines in that state, or more accurately multiple machines with several services each in that state, it gets to be a burdensome chore. Is there a way to extend downtime without cancelling and redoing, or if not, is this something that could be considered for future updates?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Joe
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Extending Downtime

Post by tgriep »

You should be able to leave the current scheduled downtime alone and just add a new downtime entry.
I haven't fully tested it but I just did that on Nagios Core version 4.2.4 for a few hosts.
Try that out and see if it works for you.
If not, what version of Nagios are you running?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
joe1871

Post by joe1871 »

We are running 4.1.1 Thanks

JB
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Did you try adding another scheduled down time entry for your host or service check extending the downtime while leaving the existing downtime in place?
Did it work for you when you did that?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!