Postfix with nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
claufer

Postfix with nagios

Post by claufer »

Good afternoon.

I would like to take some doubts about the operation of Nagios to send notification. I am using the Nagios Core version 4.3.1 in every attempt I have made, even in previous versions, the notification is not sent to the email that I describe in "contacts.cfg".

Is there a setting I forgot to do?
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Postfix with nagios

Post by tgriep »

If you look in the nagios.log file and you see that the Nagios server is trying to send a notification to a contact but that contact doesn't receive the email, then that probably an issue with the Postfix setting issue and is you look at the /var/log/maillog file on the server you can see what the errors are and fix them.

If you do not see the server try and send an notification to any user, then first check and see if notifications are enabled globally in nagios by editing the nagios.cfg file and enabling notifications by setting the option to a 1 like the example below.

Code: Select all

enable_notifications=1
Save the changes if needed and restart nagios for the change to take affect.

If that option was already enabled, then we would have to see the configurations for the contacts, their timeperiods, the notification commands and the host / services you want to receive the notifications for.
Can you post the settings here?

You may also want to review the following link about Notifications in Nagios Core.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!