Notifications during scheduled downtime

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gtsoukatou

Notifications during scheduled downtime

Post by gtsoukatou »

I would like to know why notifications are being sent during scheduled downtime, while the devices have entered one.
How can I stop the notifications from coming?
mcapra

Re: Notifications during scheduled downtime

Post by mcapra »

Can you share copies of the following files (your paths may be different):

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache
# the nagios log from the date of occurrence. For example, if this happened on May 10th:
/usr/local/nagios/var/archives/nagios-05-10-2017-00.log
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
gtsoukatou

Post by gtsoukatou »

I do not have access right now, but i 've seen in logs that when the device entered the downtime, a minute after a notification about host recovery was sent.
If i changed any event handlers, could it be a possible solution? For some reason, a specific host group gets call notifications from Nagios when the device is
in downtime.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It certainly could be event handlers. Could you please post any you have modified?

What version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use. This info will help us determine file paths and if you may be experiencing a bug.
gtsoukatou

Post by gtsoukatou »

I uploaded a part of the object.cache and nagios-04-30-2017-00.log files. I was thinking of defining a handler that it would make enable_notifications=0 during the downtime, but can i do this?

[root@localhost /]# cat /etc/*-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
Attachments
archives.txt
(811 Bytes) Downloaded 334 times
objects.cache.txt
(635 Bytes) Downloaded 353 times
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It seems like something screwy is going on with your time. I've seen this when date and hwclock do not match up. Are you using RHEV as a virtualizer by chance?

It'd really be great to see that entire log file, if you could post that. You can PM it if you prefer, but if you do that make sure you also post in the thread so that it comes back up on our support dashboard.