Nagios Core 4.3.2 xdata/xodtemplate.c bug

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
asylum71

Nagios Core 4.3.2 xdata/xodtemplate.c bug

Post by asylum71 »

Upgadeded nagios 4.3.2 tonight and did the normal config check, got the following:

WARNING: The normal_retry_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use retry_interval instead.

Couldn't find a reference to normal_retry_interval in any of my object config files.

From the script (xdata/xodtemplate.c) looks like it's got a typo in the error message?

else if(!strcmp(variable, "retry_interval") || !strcmp(variable, "retry_check_interval")) {
if(!strcmp(variable, "retry_check_interval"))
logit(NSLOG_CONFIG_WARNING, TRUE, "WARNING: The normal_retry_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use retry_interval instead.\n");
temp_host->retry_interval = strtod(value, NULL);
temp_host->have_retry_interval = TRUE;

I did find retry_check_interval in a couple of my object config files, changed to retry_interval and the script completes clean.

All looks to be working well so pretty sure I got that right. Hopefully this helps someone else. Thanks!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios Core 4.3.2 xdata/xodtemplate.c bug

Post by dwhitfield »

Looks like this bug got reported on github: https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... issues/368

Thanks for sharing the fix! Is it ok if we go ahead and lock this up?
asylum71

Re: Nagios Core 4.3.2 xdata/xodtemplate.c bug

Post by asylum71 »

Absolutely. Thanks!