WMI query had problems. might have your username/password...

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kelemvor

WMI query had problems. might have your username/password...

Post by kelemvor »

Howdy,

Over the last few weeks we've been seeing this error come up randomly and are trying to figure out what it means:

UNKNOWN - The WMI query had problems. You might have your username/password wrong or the users access level is too low. Wmic error text on the next line.

I don't know what the "next line" is that it refers to to know if I can go get more information about this form somewhere else. We have the same queries and hosts setup as we have for years. Most of the time we get one of these errors, it clears itself out a couple minutes later so there really is no problem at all. We'd just like to make these Unknowns go away if we can.

If anyone has any suggestions on things we can try, please let me know. If there a log or something I can look in to see where I go to find the "Wmic error text on the next line", that'd be great too.

Thanks!
tgriep
Madmin

Re: WMI query had problems. might have your username/passwor

Post by tgriep »

To see the error on the next line, you would have to run the plugin at a command line at the time it is failing to see what the error is.
It might also show up in the nagios.log file so you can check there as well.

If the plugin is failing intermittently, it could be a timeout issue so one thing to try is to increase the timeout settings for your command by adding "-t 60" to the command line which will increase the timeout to 60 seconds.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!