NRPE: Command 'check_memory' not defined

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
propatience

NRPE: Command 'check_memory' not defined

Post by propatience »

Moderator Edit: This thread has been split from another - https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=10772
In the future, please create a new thread and link to the old one instead of adding on.

Hi!

I just wanted to post a reply here because when I looked briefly over the Google results I found nothing saying anything about what was our solution to a "NRPE: Command '...' not defined" problem. We're running Nagios on some Windows Server 2012 R2 machines and our problem resulting in a "NRPE: Command '...' not defined" was that the "check name" was too long.

Ex.
command[XXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX_RDP_TCP_3389]="X:\...\check_tcp.exe" -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 3389 -w 10 -c 1000
would not work for us but
command[XXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXX_RDP_TCP_3389]="X:\...\check_tcp.exe" -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 3389 -w 10 -c 1000
would work.

I'm sorry that this isn't specifically about the 'check_memory' check and apologize for that, though I hope this helps someone.

Have a really nice day!
Anton Thelander
tgriep
Madmin

Re: NRPE: Command 'check_memory' not defined

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for posting your findings. If it is alright, shall I close and lock up the post for you?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!