Uninstalling Nagios Core 4.0.8

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

Uninstalling Nagios Core 4.0.8

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good afternoon,

We're finally happy with our Core 4.2.4 installation, so I want to uninstall 4.0.8 from its home (different server to 4.2.4)

Please can you point me in the direction of any documentation covering an "approved" means of doing this? :-)

Thanks in advance

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Uninstalling Nagios Core 4.0.8

Post by dwhitfield »

Depending on your system and install, you can check for package installation with (possibly pacman or other package managers):

Code: Select all

rpm -qa | grep nagios
    dpkg -l | grep nagios
If you have either of those show a match, you can simply use the distributions package manager to remove nagios completely.

If neither of those match, the only files on a default source install would be:
/usr/local/nagios/ - (libexec directory has your plugins, so I would suggest removing the sub folders and files, but not libexec and the nagios dir as a whole if you plan to use nrpe again)
/etc/init.d/nagios
/etc/sysconfig/nagios

If you modified the compilation in some way, then there's not any way for us to know where things are installed. certainly find / -name *nagios* could be of use, but you'd need to sort out the 4.0.8 stuff versus 4.2.4.
neworderfac33

Post by neworderfac33 »

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you - I'll read your reply in more detail tomorrow morning and respond to you.

Thanks

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

No problem, just let us know if you need any more help!