Need report showing host_names and IP addresses

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Need report showing host_names and IP addresses

Postby ebp12100 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I've been asked to pull a report from our Nagios Core server, showing a list of all Windows servers (host_name) and its associated IP address. Is there a report feature in Core where I could pull this information? I'm not a coder or very good script writer. We're running the latest version of CentOS on this Core server.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
ebp12100

Re: Need report showing host_names and IP addresses

Postby dwhitfield » Wed May 17, 2017 5:02 pm

If you take a look at https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... .html#host you'll notice that IP address is not a required field. Because of this, it's unlikely such a report will ever be built in. That said, you are welcome to create a feature request at https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... issues/new

Since they are Windows machines, you should be able to pull this information from AD (also probably just from a DNS record). It's just a matter of getting the host names into a script really and then things should be pretty simple.

Unfortunately, we're not really set up to help with this sort of thing (unless of course, your feature request is approved), but we can certainly leave it open for community feedback.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dwhitfield
The Doctor

Return to Nagios Core