Nagios Configuartion

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
adm_rfurman

Nagios Configuartion

Post by adm_rfurman »

Hey Everyone :)

I'm looking at a few different Web Based Configuration Tools, can anyone recommend which one seems the best option? I looked at Nconf, but I didn't like the idea of splitting my configs up unless i had to and that is a requirement to import your existing Nagios structure. NagiosQL seems prmisinig, but you do need to reorganize your Nagios structure a bit, but at least it seems a bit easier to set up.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Robert
jsmurphy

Re: Nagios Configuartion

Post by jsmurphy »

Configuration utilities was something that plagued me for ages with Nagios Core, I ended up writing my own which was nothing more than a glorified text editor with some file management and config generation features. That said NagiosQL is your best bet, it's easy to use, good feature set and Nagios XI uses it as its base configuration utility so it will make your migration go smoothly if you ever decide to upgrade.

One warning though if you use NagQL with Core and if you are in a large environment, unless you have a damn good knowledge of SQL you are going to lose all of your scripted config automation (if you have any).