Problems accessing PNP4Nagios when logging in via AD

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

Problems accessing PNP4Nagios when logging in via AD

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good morning - I realise that this is a plugin related question that you might not be able to answer, but here goes:

I have an instance of Core 4.2.4 which has both PNP4Nagios and NagiosGraph installed (I installed NagiosGraph first, then installed PNP4Nagios as a precursor to installing Grafana - that's why I have both)

Both graphing plugins work successfully if I log in via Nagios user logins.

Recently, I have set up Core to use AD logins, rather than Nagios user logins - however, whilst I can successfully use NagiosGraph, I can't access PNP4Nagios unless I re-login, using my Nagios user.

This is going (I think) to be a problem going forward for Grafana as i don't really want to have to login to Core via AD, but then have to have additional Nagios users to get to PNP4Nagios.

All assistance gratefully received!

Pete
mcapra

Re: Problems accessing PNP4Nagios when logging in via AD

Post by mcapra »

peterooney wrote: Recently, I have set up Core to use AD logins
Do you have any particular documentation/guides you wrote/followed to do that?

My first guess is that PNP's apache configs aren't properly set up to support the AD sessions. You might start with the apache configs.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
tmcdonald

Re: Problems accessing PNP4Nagios when logging in via AD

Post by tmcdonald »

Thanks for the post, @mcapra! OP, let us know if you have further questions, or answers to the questions asked.
Former Nagios employee