Issues configuring livestatus

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Rhobar

Issues configuring livestatus

Post by Rhobar »

MOD EDIT: Split from https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 999#bottom Please create your own threads for your issues rather than adding on.

Hi,

how did you solve the following?

Code: Select all

" Error: Could not load module '/usr/local/lib/mk-livestatus/livestatus.o' -> /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/checkresults/nebmodZP1TQg: undefined symbol: num_objects" 
tacolover101

Re: Issues configuring livestatus

Post by tacolover101 »

your best bet is contacting livestatus for support, the guys here did not write it.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

@tacolover101 is correct. ll /usr/local/lib/mk-livestatus/ might be instructive though.

Best thing to do is to disable livestatus. If Nagios works with it disabled, then I would definitely suggest tacolover101's comment. If Nagios is not working when you disable, can you post your nagios.cfg for review?
Rhobar

Post by Rhobar »

Hi,

I asked in that 3ad because I had a similar problem but not the same as you can see in this post:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=44020

So, for this reason I did not open another 3ad.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

If you want us to take a cursory look, we'll need to see the output of the following:
ll /usr/local/lib/mk-livestatus/

Also, does it work with livestatus disabled?
Rhobar

Post by Rhobar »

as I said I had a similar problem, not the same.

My problem is related to this output:

Code: Select all

[1495808590] Error: Could not load module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o' -> /var/log/nagios/spool/checkresults/nebmodO8WoUp: undefined symbol: num_objects
As you can see it is similar but not the same.

I would like to know how the other user solved his problem only in order to catch some hints
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

Do you know what versions of ndoutils and Nagios Core are in play here? It's almost as if your ndoutils was compiled against Core 4 but is attempting to be loaded by Core 3. Or that livestatus was compiled against Core 4 but is attempting to be loaded by Core 3. Some sort of version mis-match.

At any rate, the question posed by @dwhitfield is still the most pertinent one; Does Core work when livestatus is disabled? If so, then we have isolated the problem specifically to livestatus and ruled out potential problems with Core/ndoutils.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
Rhobar

Post by Rhobar »

Hi,

I solved my problem using the ndomod-3x version instead of the version I was using before (as you can read from the other 3ad).

Thanks for your support.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

So, are you not using livestatus at all? *This* is the reason you should start your own thread instead of just adding on to a new thread.

It seems ls -la /usr/local/nagios/bin/ is the output we need. Please put the output in a code block. The "Code" button is the fifth from the left on the post input screen (between Quote and List).

Also, can you attach your nagios.cfg?