Check-Admin-Up-Oper-Down

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
pratik.patel

Check-Admin-Up-Oper-Down

Post by pratik.patel »

Hi

I am using this Check-Admin-Up-Oper-Down plugin and its working fine. (https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... wn/details )

I just want to filter output, I tried but not getting the expected result.

I want to exclude few interface like "asa_mgmt_plane", "StackPort1" and "Control Plane Interface". As this interface are virtual.

Right now plugin gives me this output : Crictical StackPort1 . But in reality everything is good so the output expected is "No interfaces down"

Thanks,
Pratik
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Check-Admin-Up-Oper-Down

Post by dwhitfield »

When you say the plugin gives that output, do you mean in the Nagios UI, when you run the check locally, or when you run it remotely? Can you provide the output of all three scenarios so that we can compare? Aside from the UI, please put the output in a code block. The "Code" button is the fifth from the left on the post input screen (between Quote and List).

UPDATE: output shared with techs
Last edited by dwhitfield on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pm received
pratik.patel

Post by pratik.patel »

When I run remotely and also it is on Nagios UI (see the attachments in PM).
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

This is a 3rd party plugin. It is not an official Nagios plugin, and we are not familiar with it. I would recommend contacting the owner of the plugin. Otherwise, if you knew python, you could probably set up some pattern/regex exclusions in the plugin in order to filter the output.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!