Nagios Error : Dell_Hardware_Health_Status Unknown

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Nagios Error : Dell_Hardware_Health_Status Unknown

Post by tgriep »

It looks like the Strawberry perl modules are installed but maybe when it was installed, the Strawberry executives did not did not get added to the path and the check_openmanage.exe cannot file those modules.
Verify that the path is correct and see if you can run the check from a command prompt on the windows system.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
rohithroki

Post by rohithroki »

@tgriep

i will try reinstalling Dell OMSA and check the status and update you
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

rohithroki wrote:@tgriep

i will try reinstalling Dell OMSA and check the status and update you
Thanks, let us know how it goes!
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
rohithroki

Post by rohithroki »

hi ,

i have tried reinstalling Dell OMSA, how ever i am getting the same error as earlier.

Kindly let me know how to fix the same.

Regards
RKJ
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Have you tried re-installing Strawberry perl? That is where the issue is showing in the error. Maybe an expected environment PATH isn't set?

I believe @dwhitfield was correct here
dwhitfield wrote: OP, the above still all appears to be true. If you get us the plugin we may be able to help you with your Perl issue, but ultimately you may find better support options at http://strawberryperl.com/support.html

I will ask this though...are any other applications working against your Perl setup? Are you running the compilation as an admin?
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
rohithroki

Post by rohithroki »

@scottwikerson
Thank you for your reply.
Initially when we got this error and checked the server there were no strawberry Perl installed in the server how ever later we have installed the strawberry Perl but were getting the same error.I have already attached the plugin details in my previous posts.Once with this particular server we are facing the issue and there are another 60-70 servers where we are using the same plugin and it works well. And there is no other application which is using this strawberry Perl.

Regards,
RKJ
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

rohithroki wrote:@scottwikerson
Thank you for your reply.
Initially when we got this error and checked the server there were no strawberry Perl installed in the server how ever later we have installed the strawberry Perl but were getting the same error.I have already attached the plugin details in my previous posts.Once with this particular server we are facing the issue and there are another 60-70 servers where we are using the same plugin and it works well. And there is no other application which is using this strawberry Perl.

Regards,
RKJ
see the answer - if the dependency issue is strawberry perl then that's generally the cause. the plugin isn't written by the Nagios support so they're limited on what they can really do unless they reverse engineer the entire plugin.
tgriep wrote:It looks like the Strawberry perl modules are installed but maybe when it was installed, the Strawberry executives did not did not get added to the path and the check_openmanage.exe cannot file those modules.
Verify that the path is correct and see if you can run the check from a command prompt on the windows system.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

tacolover101 wrote:if the dependency issue is strawberry perl then that's generally the cause. the plugin isn't written by the Nagios support so they're limited on what they can really do unless they reverse engineer the entire plugin.
This is true, we do not have this equipment to test.

The only thing I can suggest is to verify everything was done the same on this new server as opposed to the other.

Do they all have the same version of Strawberry Perl Installed? Do they all have the correct PATH environment info.

These are what will need to be tested.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com