Issues with check_snmp_process

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Hauru

Issues with check_snmp_process

Post by Hauru »

Hello everyone, it's me again !

I am using this nagios plugin :

http://nagios.manubulon.com/snmp_process.html

It works well with the memory, using this command :

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_process.pl -H X.X.X.X -C public -n process -m 9,25 -F

18 process matching XX (> 0), Mem : 338.3Mb > 25 CRITICAL
I have the maximum memory used by one instance of the process, and when I had -a I have the average. Moreover, I have the number of process matching the name. I would like to have the have the total memory used by the process, I mean the sum of the memory used by all the process with the name "process". Is it possible ? I could do something like "average*number of process" but I want to graph it, so I don't know if it is possible.

I think it should, because it is said in the "-m" description :

-m, --memory=WARN,CRIT
checks memory usage (default max of all process)
values are warning and critical values in Mb
Maybe the default can be modified?

Secondly, I have an issue when I try to have the CPU value (adding -u to the command) :

19 process matching XX (> 0), Mem : 338.5Mb > 25 CRITICAL, No data for CPU (3 line(s)):UNKNOWN
I don't know why I have this error. Maybe someone have already seen something like that?

Thank you for your helpful answers.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Issues with check_snmp_process

Post by tgriep »

It looks like that plugin may not do what you want so do a search at the Exchange site to see if there is a plugin that does what you need.
https://exchange.nagios.org/
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!