Services

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
michaelpn

Services

Post by michaelpn »

Hi Nagios,

Problem:
I have SMS GateWay connected to my Nagios Core 4.3.2 and very pleased to this but I have the issue that services still sending to the SMS Gateway even they do not figured at Nagios Interface. Until now I have done following:

1. removed follwing at my Command.cfg and contact.cfg
"define command{
# command_name notify-service-by-sms - so I only have notify-host-by-sms in my contact.cfg file and command.cfg file

2. Comment out the to services from my windows.cfg fil (1. service_description Explorer) (2. service_description W3SVC) and they do not show up at the nagios interface too :) but I stiil get messages at my SMS GateWay

I do always restart nagios services :)

Summa sumarrum I will only have messages from the host notification when a host crashes. The Services I will get through the mail notification.

Anybody who know the trigger by this issue. My SMS GateWay Partner Braintower says that it a Nagios issue??
Michael Pierre
Forenede Gruppeliv
2500 Valby
Copenhagen
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Services

Post by tgriep »

Can you post this file from the Nagios server so we can check the servers settings?

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache
If is a specific host or service that sending the SMS messages, is so what is the name of it?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
michaelpn

Post by michaelpn »

Hi Tgriep,

thank you for answering me so quickly :) I post you the object.cache, command.cfg, contact.cfg and the windows.cfg files. Then you have a greater overview.
Attachments
NagiosSupportForum.rar
(6 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Michael Pierre
Forenede Gruppeliv
2500 Valby
Copenhagen
michaelpn

Post by michaelpn »

Hi Tgriep,

the company Braintower has created a Perl script "sendsms.pl "for this purpose which is observed in the command.cfg file and has it location in /usr/local/bin -

I post also this file to your information.

For your info: the command.cfg is attached by the first mail I posted to you today.

I will take my holyday the next 3 weeks so I'm not sure I will respond you I the meantime. Keep in touch
Attachments
sendsms.pl
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Michael Pierre
Forenede Gruppeliv
2500 Valby
Copenhagen
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for the files.
I think that there are multiple copies of the Nagios processes running and that would cause the issue you are seeing.
To fix this, login as root to the Nagios server and run the following commands.

Code: Select all

service nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
service nagios start
Let us know what you find.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
michaelpn

Post by michaelpn »

Hi Tgriep,

it worked :) Thanks a lot
Michael Pierre
Forenede Gruppeliv
2500 Valby
Copenhagen