Nagios Configuration Problem

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Hiteshdarji

Nagios Configuration Problem

Post by Hiteshdarji »

Dear All,

After installing Nagios-3.2.1 and nagios plugin-1.4.14 in SUSE linux 10 Sp 2 now I can install it from quick start guide in nagios website and i install it properly now when i want to go in another section for Monitoring Router and switch, now i can install it from the guideline given by website for Monitoring router and switch but one step I can't do net-snmp-utils I can't find in suselinux10.2 all other step are i have done. now when i open with http://localhost/nagios with username and password login it and i can see in host section Linlsys switch(which I added in configuration) but I have seen status of that switch down , and status information (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) error coming so please help me regarding this error after that I can use this software

Thanks and Regards,

Hitesh Darji

System admin
mbeals

Re: Nagios Configuration Problem

Post by mbeals »

That error means the plugin is missing or it's returning something that nagios can't understand. Check your service definition to see what command is being called by that service check and what args are being passed to it. Then open your commands.cfg file and see which plugin that command is calling and how the args are being passed. Now cd to your libexec dir and make sure the plugin being called in the command definition is really there, it is owned by nagios and it is executable. If it is, try running the pluging from the command line with the arguments you just determined. That should help you figure out why the plugin isn't returning sane output.

I'm willing to bet it's because you don't have net-snmp-utils installed, so the plugin is exiting with an error. You can grab the binaries or the source from here:
http://www.net-snmp.org/download.html

They even have it in RPMs