JDBC related error.

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

JDBC related error.

Postby chash » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am

Hi,
To monitor Database and run some customized queries, I have installed Oracle client on nagios core.
Oracle client is working fine and I am able to run SQL query using sqlplus, after installing ODBC.
now want to use a java plugin. and for that JDBC need to be used.
At present I am getting error : Error: JDBC Driver Problem. "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
Javac command completed successfully. (Java script, ojdbc6.jar were kept in same sub directory.)
I did use classpath in command 'java -cp ...' while running java command. Any information in this regard, will be great help.
Thank you.
chash

Re: JDBC related error.

Postby mcapra » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am

If you can share the specific plugin you are using, where you found it, and what documentation you followed, that would be massively helpful in beginning to troubleshoot this. However, this is not strictly a Nagios related problem; It's a Java problem.

Literally the only reason you'd be seeing that error is if oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver is not included in your classpath at build/run time.
Former Nagios employee
http://www.mcapra.com/
mcapra

Re: JDBC related error.

Postby tmcdonald » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks for the assist, @mcapra! OP, let us know if you need further assistance.
Former Nagios employee
tmcdonald

Return to Nagios Core