Monitoring windows server(Nagios test server) through unix

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
salukuri

Monitoring windows server(Nagios test server) through unix

Post by salukuri »

nsclient.ini
.ini file fro my windows server
(7.23 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Hello Friends,'

I'm trying to monitor windows server using unix but [img][img][/img][/img]it keeps showing status as critical and connection refused port 12489 , but when i check the file on windows server where nsclient++ is installed
in the following path in c drive --> program files --> NSClient ++ --> nsclient.ini , i cannot see anywhere the port number 12489 ..

i have attached the nsclient.ini file here along with screenshot how it looks ion the monitoring page for test server, please review me ASAP OR contact me at 361-228-5536 pr email me at alukuri.infa@gmail.com

in the document allowed hosts is the ip address of the nagios web monitoring page
Attachments
nagios service error shown here port 12489
nagios service error shown here port 12489
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Monitoring windows server(Nagios test server) through un

Post by dwhitfield »

salukuri wrote: i cannot see anywhere the port number 12489 ..
That may not be your only problem but you should have 12489 set in your NSClient config. You'll need to map some of the instructions from Core to XI, but I think https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf should help you on your way.

Also, are you a customer? I ask because you left a phone #. If you are a customer you can contact us directly at customersupport@nagios.com. If you are a prospective customer, you will not be able to use email support, and are in the right place.
salukuri

Monitoring windows server(Nagios test server) through un

Post by salukuri »

Thank you dwhitfield

In the following attached .ini file i added port number 12489 line right under 5666 port line the same way

So now i'm receiving the following error on the nagios web screenshot(could not fetch from the server and no data was received form the host ) , And please do check for the nsclient logfile and help me with the issue

So let me know what should i do on the unix side as well as on windows side and configuration files in detail step-wise please ..

Thanks in advance
Attachments
nagios screen shot
nagios screen shot
nsclient.log
nsclient log file
(26.32 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
nsclient.ini
.ini file updated one
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
salukuri

Post by salukuri »

salukuri wrote:Thank you dwhitfield

In the following attached .ini file i added port number 12489 line right under 5666 port line the same way

So now i'm receiving the following error on the nagios web screenshot(could not fetch from the server and no data was received form the host ) , And please do check for the nsclient logfile and help me with the issue

So let me know what should i do on the unix side as well as on windows side and configuration files in detail step-wise please ..

Thanks in advance
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

can you post your service definitions for us to review?

i think the Nagios team offers paid phone support for a fee, which you could use to solve your problems right away if needed.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

tacolover101 wrote:can you post your service definitions for us to review?
This would be useful. Also though, you need to go back through our NSClient documentation. You are missing the following, for example: NSClientServer = 1

Here's the link again for reference: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf