CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS NAGIOS CHECK?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kb2tfa

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS NAGIOS CHECK?

Post by kb2tfa »

I'm not sure if this is the place for this or not. I migrated a Nagios3 from one server to another, and I'm trying to squelch the emails. Nagios is not monitoring itself without these critical messages. I am new to Nagios. I've only been working with it a couple of weeks. This is what I'm getting.

Code: Select all

LF_postfix pickup

CRITICAL
2017-09-18 10:37:08
6d 17h 48m 30s
6/6
PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with UID = 113 (postfix), command name 'pickup', args 'pickup -l -t fifo -u -c' 

LF_postfix qmgr

CRITICAL
2017-09-18 10:28:22
6d 17h 56m 16s
6/6
PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with UID = 113 (postfix), command name 'qmgr', args 'qmgr -l -t fifo -u' 
I'm trying to run the commands on the command line, but there is no pickup command. I don't know what I'm missing. If anyone can help, I would be greatly appreciative.

Ron
dwasswa

Re: CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS NAGIOS CHECK?

Post by dwasswa »

Hi @ kb2tfa,
Could you please be more specific because pickup is daemon not a command..

What command are you running?
What are you trying to accomplish?
What check_command are you defining in your nagios server?
Do you have postfix configured on your new server?

Please let me know so i can help..
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'SQUELCH' THE EMAILS.

IF YOU WANT TO RUN THE COMMANDS OVER THE COMMAND LINE, THEN LOOK AT YOUR COMMANDS.CFG TO REFERENCE THE COMMAND, AND ALSO YOUR HOST / SERVICE CONFIG TO REFERENCE HOW IT'S BEING USED. THEN, COMBINE YOUR VARIABLES AS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE COMMAND. WHEN YOU SEE $ARG1$, THE USUAL LOCATION IT'S REFERRING TO IS /USR/LOCAL/NAGIOS/LIBEXEC/

HOPE THAT HELPS.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

tacolover101 wrote:THEN LOOK AT YOUR COMMANDS.CFG TO REFERENCE THE COMMAND
If you could post that here, that would be helpful.

But...I'm confused too. If you don't want emails, you could just turn notifications off.