Nagios 4.3.4 and mod-gearman

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bheden
Product Development Manager

Re: Nagios 4.3.4 and mod-gearman

Post by bheden »

I can't say too much, other than we're working on it! I've gotten the native core workers working remotely (socat the unix domain socket over ssl to a remote box, and then backwards that on the box), but the solution is hacky and error-prone.

Our internal timeline for completion is Core 5. Hope this gives you something to look forward to.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Nagios Enterprises
Senior Developer
Pitone_Maledetto

Post by Pitone_Maledetto »

Ok so,
I have tried on Debian 9.2, Nagios 4.3.4 to install mod-gearman.
  • From source
    From Debian packages
    From unofficial packages provided by mod-gearman
    A mix of the above
I have re-compiled with the nagios 4 headers but nothing seems to work for me.
I have decided to drop mod-gearman because I have invested hours on this without success.
Their support is limited and scarce regarding Nagios.
It is just not working for me.

Thank you all for the support I am waiting now for Nagios 5.
Regards
"It is impossible to work in information technology without also engaging in social engineering"
Jaron Lanier
bheden
Product Development Manager

Post by bheden »

Make sure you're following the GitHub (https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore) and checking regularly on the nv5dev[/code] branch.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Nagios Enterprises
Senior Developer