custom notifications by email with nagios in openshift

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
llachevre

custom notifications by email with nagios in openshift

Post by llachevre »

hi,
i am new in this forum.
we monitor RHMAP in openshift 3.5 platform (1 nagios core for rhmap core and 1 nagios core for rhmap mbaas)
everything is ok but i want to custom our email notifications because we have 3 openshift platforms (TST/DEV/PRD) and notification mails are the same.

my problem is that all the configuration files are located in an openshift pod
i can make any change in /etc/nagios/object/commands.cfg for example (in the pod started) but in openshift a pod is not eternal, it is constantly regenerated (by a dc rollout latest, a server restart for example) and the configuration that i made is lost !
my idea, is to set my custom configuration in the deployment config (as can often be done in openshift) but i don't see how !

can you help me about my issue ?

thanks a lot

ludo
tmcdonald

Re: custom notifications by email with nagios in openshift

Post by tmcdonald »

This doesn't seem like an issue specific to Nagios, but rather a general problem of deployment in a dynamic environment. I would talk to your Openshift admin/team and see if there is any solution they can provide.
Former Nagios employee
llachevre

Post by llachevre »

hi,

thanks a lot for your answer
it is not an issue i am agree with you but i posted this topic in case of someone already made this !

i am the openshift admin, :).

i can try to open a case to redhat directly but i am not sure tht they can help me.

thanks a lot

ludo
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

We do try to keep these forums dedicated to Nagios support, and while we don't mind answering related questions occasionally, we do not have any in-house documentation or experience with Openshift. You would be better off discussing this with their support, or looking into something like Ansible for deploying config files.
Former Nagios employee
llachevre

Post by llachevre »

Hi,

ok no problem !
thanks a lot for your reply.

see you

ludo
kyang

Post by kyang »

Thanks!

If you have more questions, feel free to create another thread!

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum!