Plugin Install RHEL 7

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nickanderson82

Plugin Install RHEL 7

Post by nickanderson82 »

cd /root <--------changed this to root because of security permissions issues, no big deal
wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/e ... noarch.rpm <------------ runs correctly
rpm -ihv epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm <------------ error: Failed dependencies: epel-release conflicts with (installed) rs-epel-release-1.0-2.rs.el7.4.eus.noarch
subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-optional-rpms <----- -bash: subscription-manager: command not found
yum install -y gcc glibc glibc-common make gettext automake autoconf wget openssl-devel net-snmp net-snmp-utils
yum install -y perl-Net-SNMP

Do I need to run this part or is there a different way to initially install the plugins? I don't even really know what this means.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Plugin Install RHEL 7

Post by npolovenko »

@nickanderson82, I don't think there's another way to install plugins on Core. Unless you want to try XI where plugins can be installed via the web interface.
And it looks like you already have the failing package installed. Or you could try uninstalling rs-epel-release-1.0-2.rs.el7.4.eus.noarch in order to continue with the installation. Also, are you using a registered copy of RHEL? I've seen problems where packages would install incorrectly/fail because the system wasn't registered with the key.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
nickanderson82

Post by nickanderson82 »

I ended up just skipping this part and everything worked out fine. You can close this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@nickanderson82 , Sounds good! Closing the topic.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.