NRPE Master/Host version query

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

NRPE Master/Host version query

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good morning,

I currently have a Nagios Core 4.3.2 installation that monitors a number of Linux hosts. Both Master and hosts have nrpe version 2.15 installed and all works well. nrpe is also used to monitor physical memory usage on Windows hosts and that works well too.

I am building an instance of 4.3.4. This has nrpe version 3.2.1 installed on it and carried out the physical memory checks on the same Windows hosts fine, proving that it's working OK.

However, when it tries to monitor the Linux hosts, each service on the each host reports "CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not connect to 99.99.99.99: Connection reset by peer"

I have added the IP of the Nagios Master to both /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe and /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg on the Linix hosts and restarted the xinetd service, but to no avail.

Have I missed something, or is there an incompatibility between nrpe 3.2.1 on the Nagios Master and nrpe 2.15 on the Linux hosts that could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Pete
neworderfac33

Re: NRPE Master/Host version query

Post by neworderfac33 »

The thread can be closed as resolved.

Thanks

Pete
kyang

Re: NRPE Master/Host version query

Post by kyang »

Sounds great! I'll be closing this topic.

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum!