Host status remains "Pending"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
prestigetech

Host status remains "Pending"

Post by prestigetech »

I am having an issue with the host status remaining "Pending" for a particular host.

I have several working hosts. I have copied the host configuration file in NagiosQL and changed nothing else besides the name and IP address, and it still gives me a message "This host has not yet been checked, so status information is not available.".

I have attached both the working and not working host config files - as you can see, they are exact. What else can I be missing? Thanks for the assistance.
Attachments
working.txt
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
not_working.txt
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
crfriend

Re: Host status remains "Pending"

Post by crfriend »

It's time to round up the "usual suspects":

1) Is the active system set to obsess over hosts?
2) Is the non-working host somehow disabled from obsessing on the active system?
3) Is the non-active (the receiving system) globally set up to accept passive host checks?
4) Is the non-active system's per-host configuration (use the web interface) set up to accept passive checks?
5) Is the active host set to actively check hosts?

Items 2 and 4 may happen if somebody disables obsessing on a per-host basis or disables the ability to accept passive checks on a per-host basis. If you have "retain non-status information" set, then those settings will survive restarts.

As a test case, on the active system, submit a passive check result to the host that isn't working and see if that propagates to the passive system. If the check "makes it" to the passive system the problem is on the active system; if not, the problem is either in obsessing or on the passive system.
ElmoN

Re: Host status remains "Pending"

Post by ElmoN »

Hola colegas.

Yo tambien uso nagios 3.3.1 + NagiosQL y tengo el mismo problema, creamos nuevos host y estan en estado PENDING hace 1 dias.

Alguien que nos pueda ayudar.

Saludos.

Hello colleagues.

I also use nagios 3.3.1 and NagiosQL and I have the same problem, we create new host and are in state PENDING days ago 1.

Someone who can help.

Greetings.
Attachments