Nagios + Check_MK: write notifications in /var/log/messages

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios + Check_MK: write notifications in /var/log/messages

Postby acalero » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:42 am

Hi all,

I installed Nagios Core and Check_MK latest versions on CentOS 7. I would like notifications to be written in /var/log/messages. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,

Albert
acalero

Re: Nagios + Check_MK: write notifications in /var/log/messa

Postby dwasswa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi @acalero,

By default, Nagios is already configured to log your notifications at /var/log/messages through a directive log_notifications=1 in the nagios.cfg file located at /usr/local/nagios/etc/ on your nagios server. However, you have the liberty to have them not logged. If you change the directive log_notifications=1 to log_notifications=0 then they will not be logged.

For more information about nagios configurations in nagios.cfg, please follow this link...nagios main configuration file.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
dwasswa

Return to Nagios Core