Nagios New Issue

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios New Issue

Postby vnoc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 am

Hi Team,

Recently i have installed nrpe client in 2 machines with version (centOS Linux release 7.3.1611) and the Nrpe installed is nrpe-3.1.0 & nagios-plugin-2.2.1.

Here intermitently I am facing issues with the plugins only on that 2 servers stating Check_NRPE STATE CRITICAL:Socket timeout after 10 seonds and for ping it is giving as Critical - Plugin timed out.

Please find the attachement of screenshot and help me in fixing this.
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
vnoc

Re: Nagios New Issue

Postby mcapra » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 am

Being that the Ping check is also timing out, have you verified that there are no network issues between Nagios Core and the monitored machine?

I can't imagine a situation where both ping and NRPE checks both intermittently fail at roughly the same time that cannot be traced to network issues.
Former Nagios employee
http://www.mcapra.com/
mcapra

Postby acefreakz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Can you post us the result of ping from Nagios host to the remote server? I too suspect it's due to network issue between the hosts.

btw for me, i don't see the point of a ping check, as check-host-alive command already did that for host-state-checking. Am certainly intrigued to know if it's really necessarily in your case.
acefreakz

Postby kyang » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks @mcapra & @acefreakz!

@vnoc, let us know if you are having any network issues.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kyang

Return to Nagios Core