Question regarding Old Version of Nagios 1.2

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MaHo_DE

Question regarding Old Version of Nagios 1.2

Post by MaHo_DE »

Dear Board Users and Nagios Support,

i am facing a problem regarding the maintenance for an old webbased Version of Nagios (Version 1.2) due to job change. In that Webenvironment are several Hosts defined which have to be removed out of that monitoring environment. I do see how to shut off messages and monitoring the dedicated host.

But i dont find a way to remove them from monitoring generally.

Is there problably a way to help me out of that nasty little issue?

many thanks in advance from germany

markus
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Question regarding Old Version of Nagios 1.2

Post by npolovenko »

@MaHo_DE, With Nagios Core you'd need to manually edit the config files on your Nagios Server.
1. Please SSH to your Nagios Server using PuTTY or similar software.
2. cd /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/
3. ls to see if your hosts are defined in separate cfg files.
4. If you see them, remove the corresponding cfg files.
Restart nagios with:

Code: Select all

service nagios restart
If you're having trouble you can upload /usr/local/nagios/etc/ folder here or pm it to me, and I will make necessary changes for you. If the file size is too big you can upload it to google drive or similar cloud service and share a link.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
MaHo_DE

Post by MaHo_DE »

Hello and thanks for your reply, ill check the adviced procedure and see if i can manage it myself, otherwise ill come back to you for another help.

Thanks in advance..
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@MaHo_DE, Sure, not a problem.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.