connect to address <target server IP>: Connection refused

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ebp12100

connect to address <target server IP>: Connection refused

Post by ebp12100 »

Hello,

I'm trying to monitor a Windows server running Server 2008 R2. My Nagios server is running CentOS 7 (Core). I've installed NSClient++ 0.5.1.44 on the Windows server and the installation was clean. I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit installers.

When I bring up my Nagios Core (4.1.1) web interface I get the 'connection refused' status on all services I'm checking. It shows the IP of the target server and references port 12489.

I'm guessing this has to do with nrpe or the target server's firewall but for testing have turned off the firewall and I'm still getting the error. Please provide any help you can on this...thank you!
ebp12100

Re: connect to address <target server IP>: Connection refuse

Post by ebp12100 »

I found that my NSClient++ version seemed to be somewhat incompatible. I dropped back to an earlier version and all is well.
Please disregard.

thanks
tmcdonald

Re: connect to address <target server IP>: Connection refuse

Post by tmcdonald »

Yea, NSClient versions are a bit touchy from one to the next. Generally 0.3.9 and 0.4.3 are pretty safe in our testing.
Former Nagios employee