nagiosmobile

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
swordfish

Re: nagiosmobile

Post by swordfish »

Ok,

yum does not have php-apc.
I searched for 'php' and 'apc' and can see many 'php53' response too.
Was it available from another repo?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

You are correct, sorry about that, try:

php-pecl-apc
php-pecp-apc-devel
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Mike,

I found nothing using yum.
I searched and learned you need to use PECL to install it.
However, my system returned that it couldn't connect to pecl.php.net.
Rather than debug why the proxy I'm behind would be blocking that, I downloaded the APC-3.1.9.tgz file.
Expanded and followed the instructions.

I now have APC enabled according to phpinfo().

It is still quite slow.
24 seconds on initial load.
We have 6 hosts down right now, and it took 20 seconds to respond to "Hosts - Down" button.
Even after going 'back' and tapping 'Hosts - Down' again.

Do you have any thoughts?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Yeah, that is dragging a bit. Parsing the status.dat file with PHP for 12000 services takes a little more work to scale than the CGI's which are written in C. I'll have to take a look at adding an options for the mk_livestatus socket and ndoutils. Unfortunately on a system with 12k services, you still have to parse the entire status file for everything even if you only need to see 20 hosts. I'll put those items on the project TODO for now. Sorry i don't have any immediate solutions.
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Mike,

Just something out of left field - wouldn't it be easier to leverage off the status.cgi and tac.cgi to produce the nagiosmobile screens?
It seems that it's the same set of information just on a small screen in a different layout.

All we should have to do would be to configure a nagiosmobile user in Nagios and the nagiosmobile php code would look at http://127.0.0.1/nagios/cgi-bin/........ to get it's info.

Or am I smokin' weed?

Rob. 8-)
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Doing a proxy fetch off of the tac.cgi isn't actually a bad idea for the summaries. The challenge will still be scale when it comes to the actual status details though.

We've got this discussion on our radar on this end, because the same challenge exists with each of our PHP-based community projects we've release in the last year and a half. We've talked about a generic event-broker adapter that can integrate with any of the backend event brokers, or an XML/JSON output of the cgi's. There are external modules that exist that can do this, but we're considering just having something like this ship with Core at some point for easier integration with addons and such.

However, in the meantime, we're certainly open to patches and contributions as well ; )