Nagios mysql monitoring issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Sudhaharan

Nagios mysql monitoring issue

Post by Sudhaharan »

Hi,

I have configured nagios core to monitor linux server and Sql services. I am getting the below status in nagios portal>. Please anyone suggest regarding this issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MySQL slave-io-running
CRITICAL 12-04-2017 06:02:46 0d 5h 6m 9s 3/3 CRITICAL - cannot connect to information_schema. Please specify hostname, username and password
MySQL slave-sql-running
CRITICAL 12-04-2017 06:04:04 0d 5h 8m 51s 4/4 CRITICAL - cannot connect to information_schema. Please specify hostname, username and password
PING
WARNING 12-04-2017 06:04:06 2d 4h 10m 52s 4/4 PING WARNING - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 177.36 ms
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-Thanks,
Sudhaharan
mcapra

Re: Nagios mysql monitoring issue

Post by mcapra »

We would need to know exactly how you've configured Nagios Core to monitor your MySQL server. There's about a dozen different MySQL plugins and all of them work a bit differently. Are you using the check_mysql plugin distributed with Nagios Plugins? If you followed the official documentation when setting up Nagios Core, that's probably the plugin you're using.

For your MySQL checks, can you share the service definitions and their corresponding command definitions? Be sure to sanitize sensitive information (user/pass/address).
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

I definitely agree with @mcapra. We need to see the actual check and definitions to identify the problem.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Sudhaharan

Post by Sudhaharan »

HI,
I have updated the nagios server from 3.5.1 to 4.3.4 and reconfigured and it's started to working fine.

-Thanks,
Sudhaharan
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@Sudhaharan, Glad you were able to solve this. I'll close this thread, but if you have the same issue in the future please reference this thread inside the new one.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.