Sent SNMP Traps from Nagios Core to other SNMP management

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nyinyinaing

Sent SNMP Traps from Nagios Core to other SNMP management

Post by nyinyinaing »

Hi All,

I have one Nagios Core server in latest version. In our systems, there are one MSSQL server and one FTP server. I would like to monitoring the MSSQL Server Agent jobs and FTP connectivity in Nagios core. Then, I want to sent these notifications from Nagios with SNMP to other SNMP management platform like HP NNMi or HP SiteScope. There are two things I would like to know is

1. How can I monitor MSSQL Server Agent Jobs with Nagios Core ( Using Third party plugins or somethings ? )
2. How to sent SNMP traps from Nagios Core to other SNMP management platform. ( Integration with HP NNMi or HP SiteScope )

Thanks
bolson

Re: Sent SNMP Traps from Nagios Core to other SNMP managemen

Post by bolson »

There are many plugins available for MSSQL monitoring. As for your other question, perhaps another user will chime in on integrating with the HP monitoring solutions but this is outside of the scope of Nagios support. Thank you.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Sent SNMP Traps from Nagios Core to other SNMP managemen

Post by tgriep »

I did a quick search of the Nagios Exchange site and found a few plugins that look like they may work monitoring Agent Jobs.
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... bs/details

Take a look at them and see if one of them will work for you.

I also found this link for instructions on how to setup Nagios Core for sending SNMP Traps.
http://askaralikhan.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... agios.html

Take a look at them and if you have any questions, post them here.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!