Using NRPE for windows server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
skypete

Using NRPE for windows server

Post by skypete »

hello i am new to nagios core was asking if someone could please help me and point me in the right direction.I am trying to use latest nrpe and ubuntu 16.04 could someone please explain on how to get nrpe function working to use with windows servers it is very complicated. i have tried many of the tutorials on nagios site and cannot seem to get it working. could someone please help me on this i have been stuck for quite some time.
bolson

Re: Using NRPE for windows server

Post by bolson »

Have you installed NSClient++ on the Windows host? Any installation issues? Can you run the following command from you ubuntu host and post the result:

Code: Select all

telnet <ip_addr_of_windows_host> 5666
skypete

Post by skypete »

Hi thank you for the reply i have installed it on win 2012 server. Let me try that command and thank you for you help.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@skypete, We need some more information to be able to help you. Can you describe the steps you took to install NRPE and what issues you've encountered?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

So, I think you already answered @npolovenko's question. You installed NSClient, which installed NRPE. Is that correct?

If so, please attach your NSC.ini or NSClient.ini.

What version of NSClient are you using? What error messages, if any are you getting? Also, the output of the command @bolson asked for yesterday would still be useful.
skypete

Post by skypete »

still not working is there a step by step guide on how to setup and install on NRPE on nagios core for window servers?
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Please attach your NSC.ini or NSClient.ini.

Most of our documentation is written for XI, but it should help you get your NSClient.ini set up properly: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
skypete

Post by skypete »

Standby i will get you that info and thank you.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Sounds good. Please note, we will have modified office hours next week for New Year's.
Former Nagios employee
skypete

Post by skypete »

Here is my Ini file as requested and the screenshot of the command you asked me to run. Also forgot to mentioned i did not add the window host to a cfg file for hosts and services that is what I am stuck with now. Also the version I am using version NSCP-0.5.1.44-x64
Attachments
nsclient.ini
(1001 Bytes) Downloaded 447 times
nrpe.PNG