Was nagios-4.2.4-2.el6.x86_64.rpm ever released?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mkessler_sw

Was nagios-4.2.4-2.el6.x86_64.rpm ever released?

Post by mkessler_sw »

I upgraded from Nagios 3.5.1 to 4.2.4 about a year ago. I have a nagios-4.2.4-2.el6.x86_64.rpm RPM but I don't recall where I got it from. Was there ever a nagios-4.2.4-2.el6.x86_64.rpm released? Or would I have built it from source code. I'm trying to trace the origins of the package. Thanks.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Was nagios-4.2.4-2.el6.x86_64.rpm ever released?

Post by dwhitfield »

As you don't know where you got it, I can't say if a compatible repo got updated, but EPEL has 4.3.4.

Code: Select all

[root@centos6x64 log]# yum install nagios
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
epel/metalink                                                                                                                                                                                     |  16 kB     00:00
Resolving Dependencies
Dependencies Resolved

=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                 Arch                                             Version                                                   Repository                                      Size
=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 nagios                                                  x86_64                                           4.3.4-7.el6                                               epel                                           1.8 M
Installing for dependencies:
 mailx                                                   x86_64                                           12.4-8.el6_6                                              base                                           235 k
 nagios-common                                           x86_64                                           4.3.4-7.el6                                               epel                                            24 k

Transaction Summary
Install       3 Package(s)