Nagios cloud monitoring

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios cloud monitoring

Postby espressobeanies » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi,

So I saw from a Youtube presentation that Nagios can monitor resources in Azure and Amazon but I wanted to ask if Nagios can be setup to monitor any cloud-based solution for outages. I'm not sure the level of technical difficulty this would require but I wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks!
espressobeanies

Re: Nagios cloud monitoring

Postby npolovenko » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello, @espressobeanies. A very basic check would include Nagios trying to ping the public IP of the cloud service every x minutes. Or if the cloud service produces some kind of a web page you can set up Nagios to access that page every x minutes. If these checks fail it is reasonable to assume that the cloud service is down so Nagios will alert you. The rest is hard to tell without knowing the specifics of the cloud service you're planning to monitor.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Return to Nagios Core