Postfix for nagios email notification alerts problem

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Siddharth Hegde

Re: Postfix for nagios email notification alerts problem

Post by Siddharth Hegde »

Hi @tgriep,

I have checked

Code: Select all

command[check_usolved_disks]=/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_usolved_disks.php -H host.private.ip.address -C public -V 2c -w 90 -c 95
and
command[check_usolved_disks]=/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_usolved_disks.php -H host.private.ip.address -C public -V 1 -w 90 -c 95
Still getting

Code: Select all

Unknown - Could't read SNMP information. Properly the host isn't configured correctly for SNMP or wrong SNMP version was given.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

The only thing I can think is left is that the device is not setup to be polled with SNMP.
Check the settings and verify that the community string is correct, that the SNMP version is correct and that there is not a firewall or access list blocking the polls.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Siddharth Hegde

Post by Siddharth Hegde »

Hi @tgriep,

Thanks. I'll think of something else. I'll try to use check_disk and tweak it to use for other disk checks also.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

If you end up with a non-snmp issue, please start a new thread. We'll leave this open in case you need to go back to SNMP.