Nagios DB Query Monitoring

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vnoc

Nagios DB Query Monitoring

Post by vnoc »

Hi All,

Could you please help me with the below requirement is possible with Nagios or not

->I have log file and i need to configure a threshold for the last record in that log file and raise a mail when it cross the threshold. Is this possible with Nagios core.

->I want to run a DB query and monitor the output of that query by keeping a threshold for that output. Is this possible
mcapra

Re: Nagios DB Query Monitoring

Post by mcapra »

vnoc wrote:->I have log file and i need to configure a threshold for the last record in that log file and raise a mail when it cross the threshold. Is this possible with Nagios core.
Yup, check_log3 is the plugin I would recommend for this.

Also, Nagios Log Server has a free tier and can do this.
vnoc wrote:->I want to run a DB query and monitor the output of that query by keeping a threshold for that output. Is this possible
Depends on the DBMS used, but generally yes there's plugins for every major DBMS. I know for a fact this can be done with MariaDB/MySQL and SQL Server if using the correct plugin.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios DB Query Monitoring

Post by dwhitfield »

Thanks @mcapra!

OP, did you have any other questions on this topic?