New Install - Ubuntu 11.1 Nagios 3.3.1 - Switches

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Wikod

New Install - Ubuntu 11.1 Nagios 3.3.1 - Switches

Post by Wikod »

I have run into another issue. I currently an trying to monitor a switch through snmp I have mrtg setup and working so I can go to http://localhost/mrtg/ and see my switch ports etc.

But in Nagios its showing "Return code of 139 is out of bounds" for bandwidth but my other snmp monitors are also not working right.

I installed snmp after Nagios since the guides I used didn't mention it until it was to late as i tried to re-install Nagios utilities again after I installed snmp

Is it simply not working due to snmp not being installed before I did all the nagios installs?

Servers are not having any issues this is just a switch issue right now also I have tried SNMP version 1 and 2c

EDIT: The server shows this... snmpget --version NET-SNMP version: 5.4.3
Wikod

Re: New Install - Ubuntu 11.1 Nagios 3.3.1 - Switches

Post by Wikod »

I upgraded NET-SNMP and now Im getting:

External command error: /usr/local/bin/snmpget: error while loading shared libraries: libnetsnmp.so.30: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Wikod

Post by Wikod »

cp /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmp.so.30 /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.30

that fixed that error so now I'm just down to getting the mrtg integration working I still have Return code of 139 is out of bounds
Wikod

Post by Wikod »

One thing I see is in the switch.cfg file it starts with check_local_mrtgtraf!

But I only see these commands check_mrtg & check_mrtgtraf

I tried to change it to check_mrtgtraf but then Nagios didn't start right
Wikod

Post by Wikod »

Also I cant find a download for the updated net-snmp-utils for ubuntu that may be the issue as well?
Wikod

Post by Wikod »

Ok finally I found this http://vm-199.xen.ssvl.kth.se/csdlive/s ... IOS1_0.pdf

In the Commands.cfg file we had the configuration as # 'check_local_mrtgtraf' command definition define command{ command_name check_local_mrtgtraf command_line $USER1$/check_mrtgtraf -F $ARG1$ -a $ARG2 -w $ARG3$,$ARG4$ -c $ARG5$,$ARG6$ }

So there was no “LOGFILE” option defined in this file. This was the main cause for the error. So to fix this we changed the commands.cfg file as below # 'check_local_mrtgtraf' command definition define command{ command_name check_local_mrtgtraf command_line $USER1$/check_mrtgtraf -F $LOGFILE$ -a $ARG1$ -w $ARG3$,$ARG4$ -c $ARG5$,$ARG6$ }