automating nrdp event forwarding from child to parent

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rjconroy

automating nrdp event forwarding from child to parent

Post by rjconroy »

After struggling a little to get NRDP to work, its new to me, I finally got it and was able to send manual commands and have them be received and update the web interface accordingly, but am now having an issue attempting to automate that process for the actual configured hosts that are part of the service on the child to update the server automatically.

I've reviewed a number of links added items to event handlers and such but it doesnt seem to be working as the parent server doesnt appear to be recieving any updates from the child.

Mostly taken from this link: https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 144#p29144, though when I add the command to commands.cfg the service throws an error and wont start, perhaps I misread something.

I'm limited as I don't have web service running on remote child server so I have to do this thru conf.

I cant find anything that really explains this well otherwise, any hints appreciated.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: automating nrdp event forwarding from child to parent

Post by cdienger »

Did you define the obsessive compulsive commands in nagios.cfg?

What is the error thrown when trying to restart nagios? What is the output of:

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

?

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... h-NRDP.pdf was created to help with setups like this. It's directed at XI mainly but a lot of it applies to core as well.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
rjconroy

Post by rjconroy »

I'm sorry I posted the updates in the other thread someone replied to. I get the service to start it was a path error to the command, once I saw that in the log I fixed and it started normally.

AS it stands now the service is running but nothing appears to be forwarded to the parent server

Refer to pager 4 on this thread:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 76#p244776

I believe ive done everything on the page referred to, I posted the Nagios and commands.cfg files there.

I have observed aa couple of packets being sent but there was no update accordingly on the parent server.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Thanks for the update. We'll take a look at the other thread and lock this one to avoid duplicates.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.